Why apply for an E101 certificate?

Working in the Netherlands as an expat from another EU country is a great opportunity, but it also requires you to make some important choices. One of these choices is deciding whether or not to enter the social insurance plan in the country where you work. Doing so can sometimes be costly, as social insurance premiums may be lower in your native country. If you apply for an E101 certificate, this problem can be avoided. The E101 certificate allows you to apply for a special exemption from local social insurance premiums. This means you can work abroad and still be covered by your native country’s social security system. In many cases, employees who apply for an E101 certificate will incur lower social security costs.